Phosphorescent Decay Lab
|K-12 Outreach Kits and Labs|
This high school or undergrad lab provides an introduction to measuring fluorescent and phosphorecent phenomena and practice with curve fitting to support models.
- Experiments with Glow-in-the-Dark Toys: Kinetics of Doped ZnS Phosphorescence J. Chem. Educ., 1996, 73 (11), p 1048 doi:10.1021/ed073p1048
- Turning on the Light: Lessons from Luminescence Patricia B. O'Hara, Wayne St. Peter, Carol Engelson
- Lasers in the undergraduate curriculum: Part II. Coursework experiments and research projects Jack K. Steehler Journal of Chemical Education 1990 67 (3), A65 doi: 10.1021/ed067pA65
- Using LEDs and Phosphorescent Materials To Teach High School Students Quantum Mechanics. A Guided-Inquiry Laboratory for Introductory High School Chemistry J. Chem. Educ., 2009, 86 (3), p 340 doi: 10.1021/ed086p340
- The Radiative Decay of Green and Red Photoluminescent Phosphors: An Undergraduate Kinetics Experiment for Materials Chemistry C. Degli Esposti and L. Bizzocchi J. Chem. Educ., 2008, 85 (6), p 839 June 1, 2008 (Article) doi: 10.1021/ed085p839